Business Profile

Originally established as a buying group in 1962, Colabor is a leading distributor of food and non-food products, including private-label and other brand-name products, to independent distributors, which in turn resell them to foodservice businesses (cafeterias, restaurants, hotels, restaurant chains, etc.) and supermarkets, convenience stores.
Colabor distributes approximately 50,000 products sourced from 600 suppliers and manufacturers to over 25,000 points of sale. The Company is serviced by small to medium-sized wholesale distributors operating in Quebec, Ontario, and the Atlantic Provinces.

Growth: our strategy

Thanks to its modern facilities and potential for expansion, Colabor is broadening its product offering, developing new private-label products, extending its network of distributors, and making strategic acquisitions.

50 years of positive financial results

Since the very beginning, Colabor has increased sales by expanding its product offering and adjusting to market needs and evolving customer preferences. By expanding its product lines, directly or through acquisitions, recruiting additional wholesale distributors, and continuing to enhance its margin on product sales, Colabor will continue to increase sales and cash flow in the years ahead.

 

* in thousand of dollars

 

Acquisitions

September 2014 : acquisition of Marcotte Alimentation

September 11, 2014 – Colabor acquired a majority of the assets of Marcotte Alimentation, a leading distributor of food and non-food products based in Trois-Rivières, Quebec.

March 2013 : acquisition of Lauzon

March, 4, 2013, Colabor acquired the assets of T. Lauzon Ltd, an important distributor of Cargill beef brands as Angus Pride, Sterling Silver, producing and processing high quality protein products throughout the provinces of Québec and Ontario.

January 2012: acquisition of Viandes Décarie Inc.

On January 6, 2012, Colabor acquired the assets of Viandes Décarie Inc., a leading wholesaler and distributor of meat and meat products.

May 2011: acquisition of SKOR Food Group Inc.

On May 9, 2011, Colabor acquired 26,040,906 common shares of SKOR Food Group Inc., representing approximately 97.4% of the outstanding shares of SKOR. On June 25, 2011, Colabor completed the acquisition of the remaining (2.6%) common shares of SKOR.

March 2011: acquisition of Edfrex Inc.

On March 30, 2011, Colabor Group Inc. announced the acquisition of the assets of Edfrex Inc., a Colabor-affiliated distributor operating mainly in New Brunswick.

February 2011: acquisition of Les Pêcheries Norref Québec Inc.

On February 28, 2011, Colabor Group Inc. announced the acquisition of the outstanding shares of Les Pêcheries Norref Québec Inc., the leading importer and distributor of fresh fish and seafood products in the province of Quebec and Ottawa region.

September 2010: acquisition of RTD Distributions Ltée

On September 21, 2010, Colabor Group Inc. completed the acquisition of the assets of RTD Distributions Ltée, one of its largest affiliated distributors in eastern Quebec.

April 2008: acquisition of D. Bertrand & Fils Inc.

On April 28, 2008, Colabor Income Fund completed the acquisition of all of the outstanding shares of D. Bertrand & Frères Inc., a leading independent food distributor in eastern Quebec and one of its key affiliated wholesalers.

March 2008: acquisition of Bruce Edmeades Co.

On March 17, 2008, Colabor Income Fund completed the acquisition of the assets of Bruce Edmeades Co., a leading distributor to the foodservice industry in Canada.

January 2007: acquisition of Summit Food Service Distributors Inc.

On January 8, 2007, Colabor Income Fund completed the acquisition of the assets of Summit Food Service Distributors Inc., one of Canada’s largest distributors in the foodservice industry and a subsidiary of Cara Operations Limited.

Incorporation

August 2009: Colabor becomes a corporation

On August 25, 2009, Colabor Group Inc. announced the completion of the conversion of Colabor Income Fund to a corporation. Colabor Group Inc. conducts the same business as carried out previously by Colabor Income Fund.

Comments are closed.

Colabor Corporate